The Ambassador Program is on May 7th, 2014
Location: Keyport Undersea Museum Theater
610 Dowell Street, Keyport
Time: 7:00-9:00 PM
Armed Forces Ambassadors
(scholarships provided by the Bremerton Central Lions Charitable Foundation)
This is a scholarship opportunity that improves students' research and public speaking skills
while building their awareness of the military and business communities in Kitsap County.
- be a resident of Kitsap County
- be between the ages of 16 and 20 (as of January 31, 2014)
- be a high school graduate, 2012 graduating senior, college student or career person
- have at least a 2.5 cumulative high school grade point average
- be of good moral character
- not have been convicted of any crime
History and Stats
The Armed Forces Festival Queens Pageant was converted to the Armed Forces Festival Ambassador's Program in 2002. It was determined that this scholarship opportunity should be available to both male and female contestants.
- Since 2002 this event has provided scholarships to 63 young adults from the Kitsap County area.
- Over $40,000 in scholarship has been awarded in the past nine years.
- The audience for the final event has grown every year, from 35 to over 150.
Thank you to the Bremerton Central Lions
for your generous donation of the scholarship money!
Deadline for applications is February 3, 2014
Exhibit good moral character and must not commit any actions that might cause embarrassment or adverse publicity to the program, sponsors or the Bremerton Area Chamber of Commerce.
Agree to adhere to the direction of the Ambassador Program Committee with regard to behavior, wardrobe, appearance and general representation of the Chamber of Commerce. Members are not to wear official Ambassadors clothing without prior approval of the Ambassador Program Committee.
Agree to participate in activities such as greeting Chamber and City officials and guests at ceremonies and other public appearances on behalf of the Bremerton Chamber of Commerce. This includes participating in Armed Forces Festival activities on Saturday, May 17, 2014
Give permission to the Bremerton Chamber of Commerce to take photographs and/or video to be used in promotional materials (newsletter, community guides, newspapers, etc.).
Complete all appropriate forms and agreements.
Application packet must include:
Completed online application and official high school transcripts
Short essay (150-200 words) entitled 'What Freedom Means to Me'
Letters of recommendation from three adults not related to the applicant
Transcripts, essay, and letters can be mailed or delivered to:
Bremerton Chamber of Commerce
286 4th St