The Custodial Services Manager will oversee the custodial staff and services for Olympic College's Bremerton, Poulsbo and Shelton Campuses. Responsibilities include hiring, training, supervising and evaluating team members as well as analyzing staffing needs and appropriately assigning duties. This position will also be responsible for compliance of applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures and collective bargaining agreements as well as the security of campus facilities while custodial services are being performed. This position Reports to the Director of Facility Services.
- Associates degree from an accredited college.
- Three years recent (full-time equivalent) related experience working in facilities, janitorial or custodial.
- Three years of experience supervising in a large scale housekeeping, janitorial, or building maintenance or custodial operations
- Intermediate math skills required to calculate the correct quantity, mixture, handling and the application of cleaning chemicals. Ability to accurately estimate the labor and materials for custodial and related facility maintenance projects.
- Managerial experience in a custodial or maintenance services role having responsibility for planning, organizing, executing, controlling and evaluating activities and functions of an organization, including unit budget, procedures development and staff supervision;
- Experience with building maintenance services contracting methods
- Experience working in a complex and regulated industry such as a college, university or government employment sector;
- Experience managing maintenance services for multiple sites