Under general supervision this position performs skilled work in the inspection, testing, servicing, and maintenance of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment (HVAC) systems, and related equipment at Olympic College facilities. This position makes repairs to HVAC system components including chillers, boilers, valves, and other items and responds to calls on heating and cooling problems to evaluate problem and make appropriate repairs. On a project basis may be assigned to supervise maintenance personnel, equipment mechanics and others performing maintenance, repair and modification of machinery and mechanical equipment involved with buildings, utilities and facilities.
- High School graduation or equivalent
- Journey-Level status as an HVAC Mechanic in a union, or a combination of education and work experience that would provide the required skills and knowledge to successfully work in this capacity.
- Intermediate computer competency with the use of building automation control systems and related software, and, Basic computing experience with MS Office Suite, e-mail, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
- Current Refrigerant EPA Certification Card.
- Working knowledge of HVAC, mechanical and electrical building codes, applicable state and federal regulations.
- Experience with the use of building automation controls such as: Tridium, Honeywell, Lon Works, Siemens, Robert Shaw, Schneider, open architecture Bac-net and similar communications protocol.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship as an HVAC Mechanic
- Experience working in maintenance for a government, higher education institution or similar employment;
- Supervisory experience in a facility maintenance industry;
- Refrigeration Certification
- Building Operators Certificate (BOC)